The Best Gas Grills Under $500
Last updated on January 9th, 2019 at 06:34 pm
There is no denying that summer is here and it is getting hot outside. With this revelation, more and more homeowners are taking their entertaining adventures outdoors. And, this is the exact situation where gas grills can come in handy. Sure, there are tons of different makes, models, and features to consider when investing in a gas grill, but probably the most important factor to consider for most individuals is the price. You might be surprised to learn that you can actually find a great gas grill under 500, as long as you know what to look for.
Taking Into Account The Special Features
It is no mistake that grills available in today’s market are packed with tons of special features. Sure, some of these features are one of the factors that cause the price to a ruse, but some of these features might be necessary for your conquests. At the end of the day, most grills are like Swiss Army Knives. Some of the features are completely unneeded, while other will serve a great purpose. When trying to cipher between these features just think about your needs and what you want to get out of your gas grill. For instance, do you need that extra space to prep and cut vegetables? Do you need that extra storage space to store your cooking utensils? For most cooks these features are necessary and they are certainly convenient.
However, what about the need to cook two different types of meat at once? Are you really willing to dish out $100 to $200 extra dollars just so that you can slow cook and barbecue at the same time? What about a side burner? Is this something that you really need to accomplish you cooking tasks?
Related: Best Gas Grill Under 300
Consider The Square-Inch Cooking Area
You will find that the cooking surfaces of all grills are measured in square inches. This is basically just the length times the width of the available cooking surface. This is without a doubt one of the most important features of any grill; because this will determine how much food you can cook at one. Just to give you a basic idea, most experts recommended putting about three average-size hamburgers on a grill with a surface of 100 square inches. Just consider the number of guests that you are going to be hosting each week and the number of time that you are going to utilize the grill.
If you are going to be hosting large parties, you without a doubt are going to need a grill with ample cooking surface. The types of food that you are cooking could also make a major difference, as ribs and chicken slabs are much larger than hot dogs and hamburgers. In addition to this, just keep in mind that when some manufacturers list the size of their grill surface they are usually including the warming racks. You have to be extremely careful about this because warming racks are not the actual heating surface of the grill. Instead, they are different grates that just warm the food to a certain temperature and don’t fully cook the food.
The Type Of Cooking Surface
In addition to considering the square inches of the cooking surface, you must also consider the type of cooking surface that you want to invest in. These cooking grates are made out of a wide range of materials and come available with tons of special features. Since you are going to be cooking with gas you want the grates to be extremely durable, strong, keep food from sticking, and provide a good even heat transfer. Some grates will come coated with a nice nonstick spray, which is extremely handy, but this is something that you are going to pay extra for. A little butter or butter spray might be able to accomplish the same task and save you a bundle in the process.
That being said, most gas grills come available with cat iron, porcelain-coated cast iron, stainless steel, porcelain-coated steel, or just plain steel grates. Steel grates are without a doubt the most affordable, which might be your go-to option, but you do have to consider their drawbacks. Over time due to the constant heat exposure, the grates will chip and lead uneven cooking. Stainless steel grates tend to lose their nonstick abilities over time, regardless of what the manufacturers tell you. Stainless steel, on the other hand, is extremely durable and will suffice, as long as you keep in maintained and cleaned, but these grates will not stand up to the heat as long as the porcelain-coated surfaces.
Sure, porcelain-coated surfaces and cast iron are always an excellent option, but they do come along with some disadvantages as well. To start off, these types of grates are highly known for chipping and rusting. This doesn’t mean that all porcelain will chip and rust, it really is just a matter of how much you are willing to invest in the type of cooking surface as opposed to the other aspects of the grill. Are you willing to sacrifice size and storage room to get a better-coated surface?
If you are looking for something that gets hot quick, holds heat, and will last throughout the decades, you have to go with the cast iron. Of course, you are going to dish out more money for this style of grill, but once again it really comes down to what you are looking for.
Consider The Portability And Size
The entire size of the grill and the portability is also something that you need to consider greatly. If you invest in a grill with 700 square inches of cook surface and side tables, you can probably guarantee that they aren’t going to fold up or down. And, this is not to even mention the size of the grill. It will be rather large, so it will probably be something that will remain stationary in the backyard or garage.
The Best Gas Grills Under 500
To better help you in your quest to find the best gas grills under 500 this guide will list some of the most enticing makes and models below. These grills will include some and most of the features mentioned above.
Weber 46510001 Spirit E310 Propane Grill
With stainless steel burners that have the capabilities to put out 32,000 BTUs per hour, the Weber 46510001 Spirit E310 Propane Grill provides the heat that you need to get your backyard parties started right. The 424 square inches of cooking surface and 105 square inches of warming rack surface ensures that you have ample cooking and warming space. Regardless, of the size of the party that you are hosting, you won’t have a problem serving all the guest’s appetites.
- Three stainless Steel burners put out 32, 000 BTU-per-hour
- 424 -square inch of cooking area and 105 -square inch for warming
- Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates and porcelain-enameled Flavorizer Bars
Push Button Ignition
Grills are great, but there is no denying that they can be dangerous. And, that is why the Weber 46510001 Spirit E310 Propane Grill comes equipped with a push-button ignition. Instead, of lighting a match or sticking your hand to the burners with a lighter all you have to do is press one simple button and the grill will fire right up. Keep your hands and hair away from the flame.
- Ample cooking surface with extra warming rack space
- Push button ignition makes starting safe and easy
- Stainless steel burners
- Capable of heating 32,000 BTUs per hour
- Difficult assembly
- No natural gas connection
The Weber 46510001 Spirit E310 Propane Grill is a greatly affordable gas grill with all the features you need to get your summer started right.
Weber 45010001 Spirit II e-310 Gas Grill
Available in black, ivory, red, or sapphire, you won’t have a problem finding a color scheme to match your home or backyard when you invest in the Weber Spirit II. The Spirit II also comes equipped with two handy plastic wheels that make transportation as easy as possible.
- Boasts the Gs4 grilling system with improved infinity ignition, burners, porcelain-enameled Flavorizer Bars, grease Management system, and 529 Square inches of cooking space over three burners
- Porcelain-enameled, cast iron cooking grates and serves 5 to 7 people
- 30, 000 BTU-per-hour input main burners with fuel gauge
Cast Iron Cooking Grates
The cast iron cooking grates not only included the ability to heat up extremely fast, but they are built to withstand the test of time. In addition to this, the Spirit II provides enough cooking surface to and burners to serve five to seven people at one time. No one will go hungry in your backyard bash!
- Available in several different color schemes
- Grease management systems makes cleanup easy
- Three burners for fast cooking
- Cast iron grates
- Ample cooking surface will provide five to seven meals at once
- Two large wheels
- Not easy to put together
With ample cooking space, two large wheels, three burners, and six tool hooks, the Spirit II really has everything that any grill master could ever need.
Weber 44010001 Spirit II E-210 Gas Grill
The manufactures of the Weber E-210 Gas Grill are so confident in their product that they are willing to back it with a ten-year warranty. That’s right, after investing in this grill if you experience any malfunctions or difficulties, the Weber Company will either repair or replace the grill at no charge. This is simply something that cannot be overlooked.
- Boasts the Gs4 grilling system with improved infinity ignition, burners, porcelain-enameled Flavorizer Bars, grease Management system, and 450 Square inches of cooking space over two burners
- Porcelain-enameled, cast iron cooking grates. Left table down width : 38 Inches
- 26, 500 BTU-per-hour input main burners with fuel gauge
New Grease Management System
Grease has always been an issue when it comes to grilling out. Thankfully, the Weber Company has the perfect solution with their new innovative grease management system. The system not on traps more grease, but it makes the removal of the grease easier than imagined. Never spend hours cleaning again!
- Grease management system makes clean up easy
- Backed by a ten-year guarantee
- Open cart design with six tool hooks
- Two portable wheels
- Two burners with 450 square inches of cooking surface
- Might require expert assembly
With the grease management system and the new Gs4 grilling system, what’s not to love about the Weber E-210 Gas Grill?
Weber 60010001 Genesis II E-210 Propane Grill
There is a reason that the Weber name has become known for quality and dependability in the grilling work. And, these aspects are truly easy to see when you look at everything the Genesis II has to offer. The two high-performance stainless steel burners equipped with porcelain bars always ensure that you have enough heat to evenly and thoroughly cook your food.
- GS4 Grilling System includes two high performance stainless steel burners with porcelain enameled Flavorizer bars, and new Grease Management System reduces risk of dangerous flare-ups and makes grease removal easy
- Porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates provide 380 square inches of cooking space with 114 square inch Tuck-Away warming rack overhead
- Infinity Ignition ensures that by turning the knob, the gas will ignite and start each burner with ease, and is backed by a generous warranty
Cast Iron Gates With Ample Space
The grates not only provide 380 square inches of cooking surface, but they are constructed of cast iron. Cast iron is without a doubt the most durable material available on the market when it comes to the cooking grate. They heat up fast, hold heat, and cook evenly for extended periods of time.
- Two high-performance stainless steel burners
- Porcelain-enameled bars
- Grease management system eliminates flames build ups
- 380 square inches of cooking surface
- Durable cast iron grates
- Ten-year warranty
- Side workspaces with hanging storage
- Setup might be extensive and difficult
- Not really designed for slow cooking meats
A grill that comes with this many features and backed with a ten-year warranty, what’s not to love and trust?
Weber 48010001 Spirit II E-210 Natural Gas Grill
With a ten-year warranty and a ten-inch gas hook up the hose, the Weber 48010001 Spirit II E-210 Natural Gas Grill pretty much includes everything that you need to get started grilling right away. And, this is just the start of what this amazing grill has to offer.
- Natural gas grill with 10 year, 100 Percent Weber Guarantee, 10 foot flexible hose included
- Boasts the Gs4 grilling system with improved infinity ignition, burners, porcelain-enameled Flavorizer Bars, and grease Management system
- Porcelain-enameled, cast iron cooking grates. Dimensions - lid closed (inches): 44.5H x 48W x 27D
There is nothing worse than a grill that won’t ignite. Or, a grill that you have to crank over and over again until it finally ignites. This not only slows the cooking process, but it makes the situation frustrating. Well, thanks to the innovative infinity ignition system this is something that you can avoid when you invest in the Weber 48010001 Spirit II E-210 Natural Gas Grill. And, that is guaranteed by their 10-year warranty.
- Infinity ignition lights every single time, first try
- Ample cooking surface with a warming rack
- Available in four color options
- Folding side tables
- Storage hooks installed on the side table
- Natural gas hook up
- Includes 10 feet of hose
- Backed with a ten-year warranty
- Must remove cooking utensils when folding down the side tables
- Some people have reported problems with the ignition system
Any company that is willing to back their product with a 10-year warranty must really believe in what they are selling. So, when you invest in the Weber 48010001 Spirit II E-210 Natural Gas Grill, you can guarantee you are getting quality.
Last update on 2019-01-18 at 15:21